Monday, December 27, 2021

Battery Dysfunction

 


The wires that come out of my battery to connect to the controller and charger, keep braking off. I thought that the excessive amounts of wire that make the silicone covered wire so flexible, also made it unbreakable. Unfortunately they do wear out. The only way to solve this problem is to use panel mount XLR sockets. So I am going to have to build my own battery pack, because the e-bike builders don't care if you battery brakes down; it makes money for them.

All they could do is tell me how it is not repairable at all and I cannot expose the BMS by removing the front panel. Which would expose more wire to work with. Only a fool [like my self] would buy a pack with wires that cannot be fixed when they brake off.






Battery rule of thumb 
This is the best rule of thumb I have ever seen. A got a new Agis battery because the old one was not taking a charge. If your motor can handle 30amps continuous without overheating, get a 30Ah pack. But if it can take up to 40 amps for a few seconds, a 40Ah pack would be much better, because it will never heat up enough to damage the cells





No comments: