Friday, August 10, 2018

Do not buy a full grip Accelerator!











I don’t like full-length grip throttles (similar to what a motorcycle has). I have seen friends start to fall off of an ebike, and they gripped harder on to the hand-grips…then as they fell, they inadvertently pulled the throttle to full power (Wide Open Throttle/ WOT). For this reason, I have gravitated over time to the remaining options.

I recently tried an ebike with both a PAS and a thumb throttle, and I liked the combination very much. That particular controller had the option for both, and when using PAS, my hands (and my mind) were completely free to get on the brakes at a moments notice, without any concern for what I was doing with a hand-throttle (this is the law in many European countries).

I also need one with more than one inch of twist for the full power of the motor. Too little motion can give you way more power than you want. The one I got had a misleading description: “Full twist throttle” does not mean a “full diameter twist”. And Luna-cycle's people just ignored me when I told them about it.





No comments: